Published On - April 23, 2019
ERP software for Process Manufacturing sector such as Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Fertilizers, Pesticides and others are faced with new challenges and opportunities as they strive to keep pace with the rapid changes taking place worldwide in the Information Technology field.
Here are some of the challenges faced by process industry sector:
- The process of forecasting for these industries are quite complex as the same depends on season, market segment, brand etc. There is a strong requirement from the sophisticated forecasting system from the business application, which will be able to perform demand planning with the help of numerous statistical models.
- Process industry is characterized by the presence of items, which have both Dependent and Independent demand. Managing production of those items is a big challenge.
- Quality at source is extremely important. ERP can help in this regard by making integrated sophisticated quality management modules, which monitor quality by use of control plans in purchasing and manufacturing.
- There is a strong requirement for a comprehensive ‘yield monitoring system’. Here, the use of ERP becomes very effective since, business application can perform online yield monitoring with drill down facilities to quickly diagnose causes of variances (like root cause of low yield and scenario creation for identifying the right improvement initiatives).
- The completion of new product development projects may take years. The ability of business applications to help in concurrent engineering and efficient project management will not only help to crash the development time but will also help closely monitoring such initiatives.
- Being asset intensive, process industries are in great need of business applications, which will help in incorporating modern maintenance management techniques. This will increase the uptime of equipment’s while increasing the overall health of the machineries.
- From the delivery side they are normally characterized by an extensive distribution system such as having many depots, dealers etc. The new generation business applications can influence the management of stock at these stock points by minimizing stock outs and reducing the overall inventory levels. Sometimes, the stocks in the distribution network are a cause of considerable worry for the organizations. Managing the inbound and outbound logistics becomes a key challenge.
- eresource ERP is equipped with suitable modules to meet all the challenges faced by process industry sector. eresource ERP software meets its customers’ need by providing cost-effective solutions without any compromise on quality, performance and functionality.